My Life's Scrapbook

Monday, September 13, 2010

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!

Hello mates! Welcome the U.S.S. Crazy :P

Well, sorry I haven't updated in forever but you know how it is. Schools a bitch and takes up all my time :S

Well I just wanted to tell yall about something excited I'm going to embark on (hence the sea reference at the beginning.)

As you all know I have been and am currently a lacto- ovo vegetarian for over a year now. This means that I eat no actual animal flesh, but do eat eggs and dairy. I absolutely LOVE it, but it's time I make a change. I'm ready for the next step. I am going to become a vegan.


Becoming a vegetarian was easy for me (over night change) because my father is one so I always saw what he ate and we had the proper ingredients in our home. But since I'm going to be the only one going vegan in my house, it's going to be a bit more challenging.

I won't attempt to do this over night. Right now my goal is to eat 50% vegan 50% vegetarian. This leaves me a TON of wiggle room incase my only options are from an animal.
For example, a lot of times since I rush out of the house and can't pack a virtually cal free salad like I would like, I buy this protien bar at my school.





It taste great, it fills me up, AND it give me 30g of protein; however, it has things such as whey (a protein from cow's milk) in it.







I'm going to see if I can find some cheap and low cal vegan options. Like this possibly:




I'll also be drinking but loads of green smoothies in the mornings and such. Basically just thriving on the low calorie healthiness nature has given us.

Maybe I'm just a big hippie, but I'm really excited to go into this new lifestyle because I really hope it helps me to stop bingeing cause no one likes that.

No comments: